- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Report: Cavs in ‘no hurry’ to rush Kevin Porter Jr. back into action
- Updated: December 25, 2020
Yet, the organization isn’t reportedly in a rush to bring back the youngster.
“Another young player is Kevin Porter, but the Cavs list him as out for ‘personal reasons,'” wrote Terry Pluto of Cleveland.com. “Porter has issues off the court and they are in no hurry to rush him into action.”
Porter, 20, was the No. 30 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.
Although Porter had lottery pick potential, his lack of maturity was a big reason why he fell so far back in the draft.
The guard averaged 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game last season. The Cavs were encouraged by his rookie campaign.
Still, all of the problems have prevented Porter from getting on the court. As a result, he’s missing out on huge opportunities to continue to develop in the NBA.