- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Updated: November 15, 2020
“Ohio State Highway Patrol arrested Porter, 20, on charges of improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle.”
“Porter’s bond was set at $4,000, and reports show he has been released.”
This is horrible news for a player with major potential.
In fact, Porter Jr. dropped to the end of the first round of the 2019 NBA Draft despite his high talent level due to off-court concerns.
While at the University of Southern California, Porter Jr. missed a large portion of his freshman basketball season due to personal conduct issues.
It’s distressing to see Porter Jr. get in trouble with the law to say the least. There is also an added wrinkle to this story.
Just a few weeks ago, the youngster posted a concerning message on Instagram that seemed like a serious cry for help.
Porter Jr. denied that anything was wrong shortly after, but this latest incident seems to indicate that all is not well for the guard.
Hopefully, his Cavs teammates rally around Porter Jr. so that he can come back from this disturbing event.