- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Houston Rockets Went After Cleveland Cavaliers Center Tristan Thompson
- Updated: February 6, 2020
In fact, one recent report says that the Houston Rockets pursued Thompson, but could not find a way to get a deal done.
Yahoo Sources: Houston did its due diligence on Cleveland center Tristan Thompson, but are unable to get to his number to make a trade work. If Thompson makes it past deadline, a buyout is not an option.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) February 6, 2020
There have been multiple rumors regarding Thompson in the past few days.
Earlier this week, the Rockets completed a trade to acquire Robert Covington and Jordan Bell.
While that does not necessarily take them out of the market for a center, especially because they parted ways with center Clint Capela as a part of that aforementioned trade, it does significantly reduce their trade chips.
With time running out before the trade deadline, the Cavs may not be able to ultimately find a workable move for Thompson.
If that comes to pass, it will be up to Thompson to continue to lead this young squad through the rebuilding process for the remainder of the season.
With Thompson’s current deal set to expire this summer, he would likely become a major free agent target for a number of teams in the upcoming offseason.