- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs Rumors: Wizards Have Expressed Interest in Tristan Thompson
- Updated: February 4, 2020
A couple of days ahead of the NBA’s trade deadline, the Cleveland Cavaliers may be closer to finding a trade partner as it’s been reported that the Washington Wizards have expressed interest in dealing for Cavs big man Tristan Thompson.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) February 4, 2020
Thompson, 28, is averaging career-highs in points (11.9), rebounds (10.4) and assists (2.1) per game this season. He’s been the team’s most attractive trade piece, not just because he’s in his prime, but also because he’s in the last year of a five-year, $82-million contract.
Along with Kevin Love, Thompson is the last remaining member of the Cavs’ 2016 championship team. Matthew Dellavedova was also on the squad, but he spent a couple of seasons with the Milwaukee Bucks before returning to Cleveland last season.
Thompson’s experience and quality play during that championship run only make him that much more attractive.
They’ve been hoping to get some assets in return for Love, but the market for him appears to be slim to none.
Love is still being productive at age 31, but his big contract, injury history and overall value as a potential difference-maker appear to be making rival teams reluctant to deal for him.