- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Rumors: Tristian Thompson Demanding to Be Traded by Thursday’s Deadline
- Updated: February 4, 2020
According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, Thompson’s camp has demanded that the center be moved by this Thursday’s trade deadline.
“Thompson’s camp wants him traded by Thursday’s deadline,” Vardon wrote. “The people close to him are calling it a ‘priority,'”
Thompson, 28, has been the heart and soul of the Cavs for the last few years.
The big man was drafted with the No. 4 pick in 2011 by the Cavs. Thompson has been faithful to the franchise, helping it capture a championship in 2016 and remaining professional through the current rebuild.
Although it would be tough for fans to see the nine-year veteran depart Cleveland, it’s understandable why Thompson would want to be shipped. He is in the heart of his prime and can currently contribute to a contender.
After all, Thompson is having a career year across the board with 11.9 points and 10.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
Thompson is in the final year of a five-year, $82 million contract.