- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Cavs Rumors: Tristian Thompson Demanding to Be Traded by Thursday’s Deadline
- Updated: February 4, 2020
According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, Thompson’s camp has demanded that the center be moved by this Thursday’s trade deadline.
“Thompson’s camp wants him traded by Thursday’s deadline,” Vardon wrote. “The people close to him are calling it a ‘priority,'”
Thompson, 28, has been the heart and soul of the Cavs for the last few years.
The big man was drafted with the No. 4 pick in 2011 by the Cavs. Thompson has been faithful to the franchise, helping it capture a championship in 2016 and remaining professional through the current rebuild.
Although it would be tough for fans to see the nine-year veteran depart Cleveland, it’s understandable why Thompson would want to be shipped. He is in the heart of his prime and can currently contribute to a contender.
After all, Thompson is having a career year across the board with 11.9 points and 10.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
Thompson is in the final year of a five-year, $82 million contract.