- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs Rumors: Tristian Thompson Demanding to Be Traded by Thursday’s Deadline
- Updated: February 4, 2020
According to Joe Vardon of The Athletic, Thompson’s camp has demanded that the center be moved by this Thursday’s trade deadline.
“Thompson’s camp wants him traded by Thursday’s deadline,” Vardon wrote. “The people close to him are calling it a ‘priority,'”
Thompson, 28, has been the heart and soul of the Cavs for the last few years.
The big man was drafted with the No. 4 pick in 2011 by the Cavs. Thompson has been faithful to the franchise, helping it capture a championship in 2016 and remaining professional through the current rebuild.
Although it would be tough for fans to see the nine-year veteran depart Cleveland, it’s understandable why Thompson would want to be shipped. He is in the heart of his prime and can currently contribute to a contender.
After all, Thompson is having a career year across the board with 11.9 points and 10.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
Thompson is in the final year of a five-year, $82 million contract.