- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Report: Brandon Knight Would ‘Welcome’ Trade From Cavs
- Updated: December 5, 2019
According to Sam Amico of SI.com, Knight would welcome a change of scenery by way of trade.
“Brandon Knight, Matthew Dellavedova and John Henson also have expiring contracts,” Amico wrote. “Dellavedova and especially Knight are drawing interest. Knight’s playing time has dwindled and he would welcome a trade.”
Knight’s apparent attitude towards a move is not entirely hard to understand. Despite working hard this offseason to try to get back to peak form, he hasn’t really gotten the opportunity to show it.
So far this season, he’s averaging just 4.7 points in 11.3 minutes per game. That marks a huge decline from his career averages of 14.3 points in 29.8 minutes per game. Though his playing time has declined, it likely is not a direct reflection of what he could contribute to a team.
Though Knight apparently wants out of Cleveland, it is likely that his lack of playing time thus far has deflated his value.
If Knight starts to get more playing time going forward, it will likely be due to the Cavs wanting to showcase what he could offer in a larger role elsewhere in the NBA.