- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: Brandon Knight Would ‘Welcome’ Trade From Cavs
- Updated: December 5, 2019
According to Sam Amico of SI.com, Knight would welcome a change of scenery by way of trade.
“Brandon Knight, Matthew Dellavedova and John Henson also have expiring contracts,” Amico wrote. “Dellavedova and especially Knight are drawing interest. Knight’s playing time has dwindled and he would welcome a trade.”
Knight’s apparent attitude towards a move is not entirely hard to understand. Despite working hard this offseason to try to get back to peak form, he hasn’t really gotten the opportunity to show it.
So far this season, he’s averaging just 4.7 points in 11.3 minutes per game. That marks a huge decline from his career averages of 14.3 points in 29.8 minutes per game. Though his playing time has declined, it likely is not a direct reflection of what he could contribute to a team.
Though Knight apparently wants out of Cleveland, it is likely that his lack of playing time thus far has deflated his value.
If Knight starts to get more playing time going forward, it will likely be due to the Cavs wanting to showcase what he could offer in a larger role elsewhere in the NBA.