- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- John Beilein Gushes Over ‘Tremendous Growth’ From This Season’s Cavs
- Cavs Veterans Offer Incredible Praise for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland
Report: Brandon Knight Would ‘Welcome’ Trade From Cavs
- Updated: December 5, 2019
According to Sam Amico of SI.com, Knight would welcome a change of scenery by way of trade.
“Brandon Knight, Matthew Dellavedova and John Henson also have expiring contracts,” Amico wrote. “Dellavedova and especially Knight are drawing interest. Knight’s playing time has dwindled and he would welcome a trade.”
Knight’s apparent attitude towards a move is not entirely hard to understand. Despite working hard this offseason to try to get back to peak form, he hasn’t really gotten the opportunity to show it.
So far this season, he’s averaging just 4.7 points in 11.3 minutes per game. That marks a huge decline from his career averages of 14.3 points in 29.8 minutes per game. Though his playing time has declined, it likely is not a direct reflection of what he could contribute to a team.
Though Knight apparently wants out of Cleveland, it is likely that his lack of playing time thus far has deflated his value.
If Knight starts to get more playing time going forward, it will likely be due to the Cavs wanting to showcase what he could offer in a larger role elsewhere in the NBA.