- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Brandon Knight Would ‘Welcome’ Trade From Cavs
- Updated: December 5, 2019
According to Sam Amico of SI.com, Knight would welcome a change of scenery by way of trade.
“Brandon Knight, Matthew Dellavedova and John Henson also have expiring contracts,” Amico wrote. “Dellavedova and especially Knight are drawing interest. Knight’s playing time has dwindled and he would welcome a trade.”
Knight’s apparent attitude towards a move is not entirely hard to understand. Despite working hard this offseason to try to get back to peak form, he hasn’t really gotten the opportunity to show it.
So far this season, he’s averaging just 4.7 points in 11.3 minutes per game. That marks a huge decline from his career averages of 14.3 points in 29.8 minutes per game. Though his playing time has declined, it likely is not a direct reflection of what he could contribute to a team.
Though Knight apparently wants out of Cleveland, it is likely that his lack of playing time thus far has deflated his value.
If Knight starts to get more playing time going forward, it will likely be due to the Cavs wanting to showcase what he could offer in a larger role elsewhere in the NBA.