- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Report: J.R. Smith Elected to Play Baseball During MLB All-Star Week
- Updated: July 2, 2019
He is more than likely going to be traded within the next few weeks, but for one more night, J.R. Smith is going to represent the city of Cleveland.
That’s because Smith will be among the select personalities who will play in the 2019 MLB All-Star celebrity softball game to be held at Progressive Field on Sunday, July 7.
Some of the famous celebrities include TV host Drew Carrey, actor Jamie Foxx and Marvel Studios star Anthony Mackie. Former MLB players who will also be part of the game are Jim Thome, Ryan Howard and Mike Napoli.
Though often ridiculed for costly mistakes during games, Smith won a championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016. The Cavs took the title in historic fashion by winning the last three games of the Finals after being down 3-1. No team had ever come back from that deficit to win the coveted Larry O’Brien trophy before.
Smith was instrumental in Game 7 where he hit back-to-back three-pointers early in the third quarter to help the Cavs get back in the game after being down by eight. That ignited the team and set them up to win the game, 93-89.