- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Larry Nance Jr. Plans to Be League Leader in Steals This Upcoming NBA Season
- Updated: September 30, 2019
At 6-foot-9, 230 pounds, Larry Nance Jr. could be one of the league’s top rebounders and shot-blockers during the 2019-20 season.
However, on Monday during the Cleveland Cavaliers’ media day, Nance told the press that he wants to be a league leader in a different category this season: steals.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) September 30, 2019
Last season, playing in only 67 out of a possible 82 games, the Cavs power forward swiped the ball from opponents 100 times, ranking him 25th in the NBA. That gave him an average of 1.5 steals per contest which was good enough for 15th place among the league’s steals leaders.
Both his total steals and steals average were career-highs for the 26-year-old product of the University of Wyoming.
These are quite unusual accomplishments for a big man. Power forwards are usually content to grab rebounds and block shots. If Nance is serious about being one of the top thieves in the league this season, then he has to play in more games and average at least 1.7 steals or higher per game to secure his place in the top 10 in the category.