- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
- Tristan Thompson Calls Kyrie Irving ‘Great Teammate,’ Says Cavs Will Retire His Jersey
Darius Garland Expresses Excitement for 1st Season With Cavs to Begin
- Updated: September 22, 2019
Garland is now expressing an equal amount of enthusiasm on social media as he gets ready to start his first NBA season.
Garland’s potential was barely scratched last year during his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. That’s because his playing time amounted to just five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
In those five games with the Commodores last year, Garland averaged 16.2 points, 3,8 rebounds and 2.6 assists. His shooting from the field stood out as he connected on 53.7 percent of his shots, including 47.8 percent from long-range.
Soon after the injury, Garland elected to have surgery and has thus far had no setbacks.
After he was drafted, there were some hints that Garland could be in the starting backcourt with Collin Sexton. Such determinations will take place soon when new Cavs head coach John Beilein begins his first season leading the team.