- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Darius Garland Expresses Excitement for 1st Season With Cavs to Begin
- Updated: September 22, 2019
Garland is now expressing an equal amount of enthusiasm on social media as he gets ready to start his first NBA season.
Garland’s potential was barely scratched last year during his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. That’s because his playing time amounted to just five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
In those five games with the Commodores last year, Garland averaged 16.2 points, 3,8 rebounds and 2.6 assists. His shooting from the field stood out as he connected on 53.7 percent of his shots, including 47.8 percent from long-range.
Soon after the injury, Garland elected to have surgery and has thus far had no setbacks.
After he was drafted, there were some hints that Garland could be in the starting backcourt with Collin Sexton. Such determinations will take place soon when new Cavs head coach John Beilein begins his first season leading the team.