- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
- Former Cavs Coach Praises J.B. Bickerstaff for Getting Players to Care About Each Other and Winning
Darius Garland Expresses Excitement for 1st Season With Cavs to Begin
- Updated: September 22, 2019
Garland is now expressing an equal amount of enthusiasm on social media as he gets ready to start his first NBA season.
Garland’s potential was barely scratched last year during his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. That’s because his playing time amounted to just five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
In those five games with the Commodores last year, Garland averaged 16.2 points, 3,8 rebounds and 2.6 assists. His shooting from the field stood out as he connected on 53.7 percent of his shots, including 47.8 percent from long-range.
Soon after the injury, Garland elected to have surgery and has thus far had no setbacks.
After he was drafted, there were some hints that Garland could be in the starting backcourt with Collin Sexton. Such determinations will take place soon when new Cavs head coach John Beilein begins his first season leading the team.