- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Darius Garland Expresses Excitement for 1st Season With Cavs to Begin
- Updated: September 22, 2019
Garland is now expressing an equal amount of enthusiasm on social media as he gets ready to start his first NBA season.
Garland’s potential was barely scratched last year during his first and only season at Vanderbilt University. That’s because his playing time amounted to just five games before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
In those five games with the Commodores last year, Garland averaged 16.2 points, 3,8 rebounds and 2.6 assists. His shooting from the field stood out as he connected on 53.7 percent of his shots, including 47.8 percent from long-range.
Soon after the injury, Garland elected to have surgery and has thus far had no setbacks.
After he was drafted, there were some hints that Garland could be in the starting backcourt with Collin Sexton. Such determinations will take place soon when new Cavs head coach John Beilein begins his first season leading the team.