- Larry Nance Jr. Mercilessly Roasts Kyle Kuzma in Latest Social Media Post
- Report: Cavs Have Grown Closer After John Beilein Called Players ‘Thugs’
- Darius Garland Reacts to Recording His First Career Double-Double
- Report: Cavs Apply for Disabled Player Exception in Wake of Dylan Windler Injury
- Former Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue Admits He Wishes He Were Still in Cleveland
- Report: Paul George to Miss Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Kevin Love Preaches Positivity Amid Recent Cavs Success: ‘We’re Definitely Playing Better Now’
- Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Video: Tristan Thompson Dunks on LeBron James, Proceeds to Stare Him Down
- Cavs News: Dylan Windler to Miss Remainder of 2019-20 Season
George Hill Offers High Praise for Collin Sexton
- Updated: March 25, 2019
The Milwaukee Bucks defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers handily on Sunday night, 127-105, but that didn’t keep former Cavs guard George Hill from recognizing the progress rookie Collin Sexton has made since Hill’s departure.
Following the game, Hill remarked on his former team, and how Sexton has made a clear leap over the last several weeks.
It’s no secret that Sexton has shown significant progress. In fact, Sunday’s loss was the first game in his last nine that he hadn’t managed to score at least 20 points. He has become a clear offensive focal point for the Cavs and is also starting to show the ability to be a leader on and off the court.
The reason why Hill’s words of praise are so interesting is because earlier this season, it had been reported that Sexton had actually rejected Hill’s offer to help him grow as a player.
Since then, Sexton has shown an increased willingness to learn from the vets he is playing with and that could be part of the reason why he has shown such clear growth.
Now, with the end of the 2018-19 season in sight, Sexton is clearly one of the most exciting rookie players in the league.
It will be fascinating to see what kind of leaps he is able to make next season.