- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
George Hill Offers High Praise for Collin Sexton
- Updated: March 25, 2019
The Milwaukee Bucks defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers handily on Sunday night, 127-105, but that didn’t keep former Cavs guard George Hill from recognizing the progress rookie Collin Sexton has made since Hill’s departure.
Following the game, Hill remarked on his former team, and how Sexton has made a clear leap over the last several weeks.
It’s no secret that Sexton has shown significant progress. In fact, Sunday’s loss was the first game in his last nine that he hadn’t managed to score at least 20 points. He has become a clear offensive focal point for the Cavs and is also starting to show the ability to be a leader on and off the court.
The reason why Hill’s words of praise are so interesting is because earlier this season, it had been reported that Sexton had actually rejected Hill’s offer to help him grow as a player.
Since then, Sexton has shown an increased willingness to learn from the vets he is playing with and that could be part of the reason why he has shown such clear growth.
Now, with the end of the 2018-19 season in sight, Sexton is clearly one of the most exciting rookie players in the league.
It will be fascinating to see what kind of leaps he is able to make next season.