- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Jordan Clarkson Makes Emphatic Statement About Kyrie Irving Going to Brooklyn Nets
- Updated: June 30, 2019
In the opinion of current Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson, that decision was something that he had predicted.
told yall kyrie to BRKLYN!
It was back on June 15 that Clarkson not only projected where Irving would end up, but also where Brooklyn guard D’Angelo Russell and New Orleans Pelicans center Julius Randle would.
DLO to PHX KYRIE TO BRKLYN JULIUS TO BRKLYN
Irving had played the past two seasons with the Boston Celtics after demanding a trade from the Cavaliers in July 2017. That deal came about the following month, but predictions of Irving leading the Celtics to a title never materialized.
In addition, reported conflicts with teammates during the course of the past year may have played a part in the Celtics losing in the second round of the 2019 postseason.
One year from now, Clarkson is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, though he figures to be more careful about his own plans. He’s indicated a willingness to re-sign with the rebuilding Cavaliers, but depending on his price, he could be traded away before February’s trade deadline.