- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Jordan Clarkson Makes Emphatic Statement About Kyrie Irving Going to Brooklyn Nets
- Updated: June 30, 2019
In the opinion of current Cavaliers guard Jordan Clarkson, that decision was something that he had predicted.
told yall kyrie to BRKLYN!
It was back on June 15 that Clarkson not only projected where Irving would end up, but also where Brooklyn guard D’Angelo Russell and New Orleans Pelicans center Julius Randle would.
DLO to PHX KYRIE TO BRKLYN JULIUS TO BRKLYN
Irving had played the past two seasons with the Boston Celtics after demanding a trade from the Cavaliers in July 2017. That deal came about the following month, but predictions of Irving leading the Celtics to a title never materialized.
In addition, reported conflicts with teammates during the course of the past year may have played a part in the Celtics losing in the second round of the 2019 postseason.
One year from now, Clarkson is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, though he figures to be more careful about his own plans. He’s indicated a willingness to re-sign with the rebuilding Cavaliers, but depending on his price, he could be traded away before February’s trade deadline.