- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
Jordan Clarkson Expresses Interest in Staying With Cavs Long Term
- Updated: March 24, 2019
In a recent report by Marla Ridenour of Ohio.com, she detailed how despite the struggles that the 2018-19 season has presented for the Cavs, players like Clarkson are buying into the team and the culture.
“They are invested in the Cavs’ future, and it’s not just those perceived to be franchise cornerstones like Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Larry Nance Jr. and Cedi Osman,” Ridenour wrote. “On Wednesday night, Jordan Clarkson said he wanted to be here and ‘be part of what’s going on’ even though 2019-20 will be the final year of his contract.”
This is a wonderful sign that while the Cavs have not enjoyed the same kind of success on the court this season compared to previous ones, players are still enjoying being a part of the organization.
Considering the positive culture that has been fostered in Cleveland this season, it is interested to note a recent report that Cavs head coach Larry Drew is not expected to be retained past this season.
Though Drew has helped young players like Clarkson, Sexton, and Osman take the next steps in their careers, it seems the Cavs are looking to find a different coach to continue the rebuild.
Based on Clarkson’s words, it appears that he hopes to be a part of that rebuild past next season.