- Damon Jones Defends Cavs After Stephen A. Smith Says Kyrie Irving Was ‘Done Dirty in Cleveland’
- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
Jordan Clarkson Expresses Interest in Staying With Cavs Long Term
- Updated: March 24, 2019
In a recent report by Marla Ridenour of Ohio.com, she detailed how despite the struggles that the 2018-19 season has presented for the Cavs, players like Clarkson are buying into the team and the culture.
“They are invested in the Cavs’ future, and it’s not just those perceived to be franchise cornerstones like Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Larry Nance Jr. and Cedi Osman,” Ridenour wrote. “On Wednesday night, Jordan Clarkson said he wanted to be here and ‘be part of what’s going on’ even though 2019-20 will be the final year of his contract.”
This is a wonderful sign that while the Cavs have not enjoyed the same kind of success on the court this season compared to previous ones, players are still enjoying being a part of the organization.
Considering the positive culture that has been fostered in Cleveland this season, it is interested to note a recent report that Cavs head coach Larry Drew is not expected to be retained past this season.
Though Drew has helped young players like Clarkson, Sexton, and Osman take the next steps in their careers, it seems the Cavs are looking to find a different coach to continue the rebuild.
Based on Clarkson’s words, it appears that he hopes to be a part of that rebuild past next season.