- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
Jordan Clarkson Expresses Interest in Staying With Cavs Long Term
- Updated: March 24, 2019
In a recent report by Marla Ridenour of Ohio.com, she detailed how despite the struggles that the 2018-19 season has presented for the Cavs, players like Clarkson are buying into the team and the culture.
“They are invested in the Cavs’ future, and it’s not just those perceived to be franchise cornerstones like Kevin Love, Collin Sexton, Larry Nance Jr. and Cedi Osman,” Ridenour wrote. “On Wednesday night, Jordan Clarkson said he wanted to be here and ‘be part of what’s going on’ even though 2019-20 will be the final year of his contract.”
This is a wonderful sign that while the Cavs have not enjoyed the same kind of success on the court this season compared to previous ones, players are still enjoying being a part of the organization.
Considering the positive culture that has been fostered in Cleveland this season, it is interested to note a recent report that Cavs head coach Larry Drew is not expected to be retained past this season.
Though Drew has helped young players like Clarkson, Sexton, and Osman take the next steps in their careers, it seems the Cavs are looking to find a different coach to continue the rebuild.
Based on Clarkson’s words, it appears that he hopes to be a part of that rebuild past next season.