- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
Renowned NBA Trainer’s Praise of J.R. Smith’s Offseason Will Get Cavs Fans Hyped
- Updated: August 21, 2018
While that kind of activity could have discouraged Smith from preparing for the 2018-19 NBA season, it seems the veteran guard is doing just that.
On Tuesday, Chris Brickley, who was listed as the most sought after NBA trainer by ESPN, took to Instagram to prove that Smith has been grinding hard this offseason.
Last season, Smith averaged 8.3 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game. His usage and production increased once the postseason began, but that wasn’t what most fans will remember about Smith’s impact on the Cavs’ playoff run.
What fans will of course remember the most is the massive mistake he made at the end of Game 1 of the NBA Finals, when he failed to put up what would have been an easy game-winning layup at the end of regulation.
As a longtime professional, it is likely that Smith has managed to move on from that embarrassing moment. Still, it would be foolish to assume that he isn’t using the memory of that mistake as a form of motivation to keep him working hard during the offseason slog.
With just under two months until the 2018-19 season begins, fans aren’t too far away from finding out how that hard work is going to impact his game.