- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
Cavs News: J.R. Smith Agrees to Push Back Contract Guarantee Date
- Updated: June 29, 2019
According to a report, Smith has agreed to push back the date that his contract becomes fully guaranteed until Aug. 1, 2019.
The original date in which his contract was set to become fully guaranteed was this Sunday.
JR Smith agreed to push his guarantee date to August 1st, giving the Cavaliers more time to try and trade him — a league source said
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) June 29, 2019
This is hugely beneficial for the Cavs. The reason why is because it gives them much more time to find a trade partner that is interested in trading for Smith and subsequently cutting him to save cap space.
This will allow teams that are interested in expanding their cap space more time to consider trading for Smith as the free-agency and trade markets heat up.
Hopefully, this move results in the Cavs netting a large return for Smith.
If it doesn’t, it is likely that the Cavs will simply release the veteran guard before the first day of August rolls around.