- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- Updated: May 16, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers were not favored by Lady Luck on Tuesday night, and instead of getting a top-three pick in the 2019 NBA Draft Lottery, they ended up with the fifth selection.
Despite the disappointment amongst fans, former Cavs big man Channing Frye is confident it will turn out just fine for the Wine and Gold.
I think with this pick you have great options. This is a good draft. Take exactly who you need. There won’t be any pressure and he’ll have a chance to develop and grow with great dudes https://t.co/ZLJv7kyMYU
Frye calling this year’s draft class a good one bucks the trend amongst most experts, who have overwhelmingly deemed it to be thin and particularly top-heavy.
Still, the Cavs will likely get an opportunity to select a player like De’Andre Hunter from the University of Virginia, Jarret Culver from Texas Tech University, or Darius Garland from Vanderbilt University.
While those three players are not perceived to be day-one game-changers, they have shown the ability to dominate at the collegiate level and are certainly promising prospects in their own rights.
Hopefully, the Cavs are able to find a diamond in the rough in this year’s draft and take their franchise rebuild to the next stage.