- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- Updated: May 16, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers were not favored by Lady Luck on Tuesday night, and instead of getting a top-three pick in the 2019 NBA Draft Lottery, they ended up with the fifth selection.
Despite the disappointment amongst fans, former Cavs big man Channing Frye is confident it will turn out just fine for the Wine and Gold.
I think with this pick you have great options. This is a good draft. Take exactly who you need. There won’t be any pressure and he’ll have a chance to develop and grow with great dudes https://t.co/ZLJv7kyMYU
Frye calling this year’s draft class a good one bucks the trend amongst most experts, who have overwhelmingly deemed it to be thin and particularly top-heavy.
Still, the Cavs will likely get an opportunity to select a player like De’Andre Hunter from the University of Virginia, Jarret Culver from Texas Tech University, or Darius Garland from Vanderbilt University.
While those three players are not perceived to be day-one game-changers, they have shown the ability to dominate at the collegiate level and are certainly promising prospects in their own rights.
Hopefully, the Cavs are able to find a diamond in the rough in this year’s draft and take their franchise rebuild to the next stage.