- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Beth McLeod Touched by LeBron James’ Thoughts and Prayers
- Updated: March 30, 2020
The death came as a shock to current and former members of the Cavs organization, including former Cavs star LeBron James.
Following the conversation, McLeod’s widow, Beth, took to Twitter to thank James for all the love and support he sent to her family following the tragic death of her husband.
.@KingJames shares his love for @CavsFredMcLeod It's been almost 7 months. LeBron was supposed to play against @cavs His first return home as Laker. They were going to dedicate the Fred McLeod Media Room that night💕 thanks LeBron ❤️, @RealAClifton @channingfrye @Rjeff24 ❤️💕❤️ pic.twitter.com/xIb9QJsBix
— Beth McLeod (@BethHMcLeod) March 30, 2020
As Beth McLeod indicated in her message, James was scheduled to play in Cleveland late last week.
Sadly, the stoppage of play due to the novel coronavirus has put that game, and all other NBA games, on an indefinite hold. James himself sent a message to the Cavs family, expressing his sadness over the missed opportunity.
Hopefully, the playing of games is able to start back up in the near future.
While it is unclear when James will next play in Cleveland, there is no doubt that he will be welcomed by fans and members of the organization with open arms.
Surely, some of the people that James sees and hugs in his next appearance in Cleveland will be members of the McLeod family.