- Tristan Thompson Says He Learned How to Lead From LeBron James
- Cavs Member Says Current Locker Room ‘Better’ Than That of 2016 Championship Squad
- Kevin Love Says Cavs Feeling ‘Pretty Damn Good’ Despite Loss to 76ers
- Tristan Thompson Talks Trash to 76ers Bench After Hitting 3-Pointer
- Report: 76ers Could Be Without Multiple All-Stars for Tuesday’s Game vs. Cavs
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan ‘Ordered’ Front Office to Address Media After Blowout Loss to Cavs
- John Beilein and Kevin Love Applaud Tristan Thompson for Taking on Leadership Role This Season
- Report: New York Knicks in Misery After Blowout Loss to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Tristan Thompson Says Cavs Are Seeking to Make Playoffs This Season
- Report: Michael Jordan Once Destroyed Cavs After Drinking 10 Bud Lights
NBA Commissioner Presents Kevin Love With Champion Award
- Updated: May 2, 2019
On Wednesday night, Love was honored for his contributions when NBA commissioner Adam Silver awarded the star big man with the Child Mind Institute Champion Award.
View this post on Instagram
Carnegie Hall—I MADE IT 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻Honored to have @adamsilvernba present me with the @childmindinstitute Champion Award last night. “Success is not immune to Depression” and there's a vast community of people struggling. I hope that by continuing this conversation, we can help the many children who suffer daily with mental health related issues and make a positive impact.
The award marks just another example of how the NBA has come out in force to support Love.
Prior to receiving the award, Love spoke with People.com to discuss his choice to speak out.
“What I have found about mental health or mental illness is that it takes many shapes and forms,” he said. “It goes with every demographic, but I think for myself in creating my fund, the big demographic I really want to point out and look to is children. I think it is very important for kids and their parents to understand what is going on, and that’s why being here is so important.”
It’s just another example of Love being a role model for players and fans alike. Hopefully this award encourages more athletes to use their status as role models for some many for a good cause.