- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
J.R. Smith Says He’s Giving Up Alcohol With Emphatic Social Media Post
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Furthermore, Smith stated that guests will not be allowed to bring alcohol over.
It’s not entirely clear what prompted Smith to give up booze. However, his caption states, “Don’t speak about it BE ABOUT IT!” which suggests that it’s an important decision in his life.
Smith is coming off a tough season. He appeared in just 11 games before the Cavs announced that the 15-year veteran would not be around the team going forward.
Cleveland was unable to find a trade partner for Smith, so he sat on the sidelines for virtually the entire season. That was quite the role change for someone who had been a key contributor for Cleveland’s four runs to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
Since Smith is clearly not a part of the Cavs’ plans, the team will try to trade him again this offseason. He has one year and $15.7 million remaining on his contract.