- Cavs News: Darius Garland Named 2nd Best Playmaker in 2019 NBA Draft
- Mario Hezonja Not Impressed With Kevin Love’s Strength, Challenges Him for More
- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
J.R. Smith Says He’s Giving Up Alcohol With Emphatic Social Media Post
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Furthermore, Smith stated that guests will not be allowed to bring alcohol over.
It’s not entirely clear what prompted Smith to give up booze. However, his caption states, “Don’t speak about it BE ABOUT IT!” which suggests that it’s an important decision in his life.
Smith is coming off a tough season. He appeared in just 11 games before the Cavs announced that the 15-year veteran would not be around the team going forward.
Cleveland was unable to find a trade partner for Smith, so he sat on the sidelines for virtually the entire season. That was quite the role change for someone who had been a key contributor for Cleveland’s four runs to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
Since Smith is clearly not a part of the Cavs’ plans, the team will try to trade him again this offseason. He has one year and $15.7 million remaining on his contract.