- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
J.R. Smith Says He’s Giving Up Alcohol With Emphatic Social Media Post
- Updated: April 25, 2019
Furthermore, Smith stated that guests will not be allowed to bring alcohol over.
It’s not entirely clear what prompted Smith to give up booze. However, his caption states, “Don’t speak about it BE ABOUT IT!” which suggests that it’s an important decision in his life.
Smith is coming off a tough season. He appeared in just 11 games before the Cavs announced that the 15-year veteran would not be around the team going forward.
Cleveland was unable to find a trade partner for Smith, so he sat on the sidelines for virtually the entire season. That was quite the role change for someone who had been a key contributor for Cleveland’s four runs to the NBA Finals from 2015 to 2018.
Since Smith is clearly not a part of the Cavs’ plans, the team will try to trade him again this offseason. He has one year and $15.7 million remaining on his contract.