- 20-Year-Old Darius Garland Claims He’s ‘Leader’ of Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love did everything but rent out a billboard saying John Beilein sucks
- Report: Kevin Love Came Into Training Camp About Month After Everyone Else
- Tristan Thompson Raves About J.B. Bickerstaff, Compares Him to Championship Coaches
- Report: Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Lands Autograph Deal With Upper Deck
- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
Report: Cavs Say ‘Zero Truth’ to Rick Pitino Rumors, Not Interested in Him as Head Coach
- Updated: April 21, 2019
One source in particular was quick to squash any of these rumors.
“We are, respectfully, not interested in him at all,” the source said. “No conversations with him by Dan (Gilbert) or anyone else.”
Pitino brings a great deal of basketball experience. Currently the head coach of Panathinaikos in Greece, Pitino led the team to the Greek Cup two months ago. He has a few years of additional experience coaching in the NBA with the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics.
However, he is best known for his time coaching the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville, leading both teams to a national championship in 1996 and 2013, respectively.
Back in December 2018, however, Pitino told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski that his goal remains to coach again in the NBA.
The Cavs’ hunt for a head coach has gotten off to a relatively slow start so far, with no talks truly progressing with any one candidate. The team met with Dallas Mavericks assistant Jamahl Mosley and Miami Heat assistant Juwan Howard last week.