- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cavs Say ‘Zero Truth’ to Rick Pitino Rumors, Not Interested in Him as Head Coach
- Updated: April 21, 2019
One source in particular was quick to squash any of these rumors.
“We are, respectfully, not interested in him at all,” the source said. “No conversations with him by Dan (Gilbert) or anyone else.”
Pitino brings a great deal of basketball experience. Currently the head coach of Panathinaikos in Greece, Pitino led the team to the Greek Cup two months ago. He has a few years of additional experience coaching in the NBA with the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics.
However, he is best known for his time coaching the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville, leading both teams to a national championship in 1996 and 2013, respectively.
Back in December 2018, however, Pitino told ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski that his goal remains to coach again in the NBA.
The Cavs’ hunt for a head coach has gotten off to a relatively slow start so far, with no talks truly progressing with any one candidate. The team met with Dallas Mavericks assistant Jamahl Mosley and Miami Heat assistant Juwan Howard last week.