- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Report: Cavs and Head Coach Larry Drew Agree to Part Ways
- Updated: April 11, 2019
Sources: The Cavaliers and head coach Larry Drew have mutually parted ways.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 11, 2019
Most recently, Drew declined to comment on whether or not he was willing to return as the team’s head coach next season. The team went 19-63 during his tenure, good enough for second-to-last in the entire NBA.
After much optimism heading into the 2018-19 campaign, the Cavs fired former head coach Tyronn Lue after they lost their first six games of the season. It turns out Lue wasn’t the problem.
Afterwards, the front office shipped out a bevy of veterans in exchange for young talent and salary-cap dumps. This in turn led to the team to undergo a complete rebuild.