- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Report: Cavs and Head Coach Larry Drew Agree to Part Ways
- Updated: April 11, 2019
Sources: The Cavaliers and head coach Larry Drew have mutually parted ways.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 11, 2019
Most recently, Drew declined to comment on whether or not he was willing to return as the team’s head coach next season. The team went 19-63 during his tenure, good enough for second-to-last in the entire NBA.
After much optimism heading into the 2018-19 campaign, the Cavs fired former head coach Tyronn Lue after they lost their first six games of the season. It turns out Lue wasn’t the problem.
Afterwards, the front office shipped out a bevy of veterans in exchange for young talent and salary-cap dumps. This in turn led to the team to undergo a complete rebuild.