- Koby Altman Offers High Praise for Dylan Windler
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
- Report: Cavs Coach ‘Couldn’t Contain Excitement’ as Darius Garland Didn’t Miss for ‘5 or 6 Minutes’
- Koby Altman Says Darius Garland 1 of Few Players in Draft With ‘All-Star’ Potential
- Kevin Love Fully Supports Controversial NBA Owner to Run for President in 2020
Report: Cavs and Head Coach Larry Drew Agree to Part Ways
- Updated: April 11, 2019
Sources: The Cavaliers and head coach Larry Drew have mutually parted ways.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 11, 2019
Most recently, Drew declined to comment on whether or not he was willing to return as the team’s head coach next season. The team went 19-63 during his tenure, good enough for second-to-last in the entire NBA.
After much optimism heading into the 2018-19 campaign, the Cavs fired former head coach Tyronn Lue after they lost their first six games of the season. It turns out Lue wasn’t the problem.
Afterwards, the front office shipped out a bevy of veterans in exchange for young talent and salary-cap dumps. This in turn led to the team to undergo a complete rebuild.