- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
Report: Cavs and Head Coach Larry Drew Agree to Part Ways
- Updated: April 11, 2019
Sources: The Cavaliers and head coach Larry Drew have mutually parted ways.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) April 11, 2019
Most recently, Drew declined to comment on whether or not he was willing to return as the team’s head coach next season. The team went 19-63 during his tenure, good enough for second-to-last in the entire NBA.
After much optimism heading into the 2018-19 campaign, the Cavs fired former head coach Tyronn Lue after they lost their first six games of the season. It turns out Lue wasn’t the problem.
Afterwards, the front office shipped out a bevy of veterans in exchange for young talent and salary-cap dumps. This in turn led to the team to undergo a complete rebuild.