- Cavs News: Jordan Clarkson Signs With Rich Paul and Klutch Sports
- Report: Cavs Turned Down Multiple J.R. Smith Offers That Would Have Netted 1st-Round Pick
- Report: J.R. Smith and Kyle Korver Expected to Sign With Lakers
- Koby Altman Offers High Praise for Dylan Windler
- Cavs News: Darius Garland Among Favorites to Win Rookie of the Year
- Report: Some Players on Cavs Think Collin Sexton Is Best as 6th Man
- Channing Frye Campaigns for Kevin Love to Join Portland Trail Blazers
- LeBron James and Chris Paul Support Kevin Love’s Cheat Day on Instagram
- Steph Curry Reveals Sole Regret He Had During Warriors-Cavs Championship Battles
- Larry Nance Jr. Thinks It’s Hilarious That Lakers Are Interested in D’Angelo Russell Again
Cavs Rumors: Opposing GM Says Team Waiting Until Draft to Inquire About J.R. Smith
- Updated: April 14, 2019
According to a report from Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cavs will likely receive increased interest about Smith as the 2019 NBA Draft approaches.
“We will wait a little closer to the draft to call,” the GM said. “We need to see how a few things shake out from our end first. I don’t want to say much more than that. … I’m sure other teams could have a use for that contract as well.”
This offseason poses to be a big one for the Cavs. Not only are they looking to deal Smith, they are also in the market for a new head coach, and could very well be selecting at the top of the upcoming draft.
On top of that, a report from earlier this week indicates that the Cavs may try to deal several of their current players who have just one more season on their current contract.