- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Cavs Rumors: Opposing GM Says Team Waiting Until Draft to Inquire About J.R. Smith
- Updated: April 14, 2019
According to a report from Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cavs will likely receive increased interest about Smith as the 2019 NBA Draft approaches.
“We will wait a little closer to the draft to call,” the GM said. “We need to see how a few things shake out from our end first. I don’t want to say much more than that. … I’m sure other teams could have a use for that contract as well.”
This offseason poses to be a big one for the Cavs. Not only are they looking to deal Smith, they are also in the market for a new head coach, and could very well be selecting at the top of the upcoming draft.
On top of that, a report from earlier this week indicates that the Cavs may try to deal several of their current players who have just one more season on their current contract.