- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
- Cavs Legend Talks Smack About Michael Jordan and His Bulls: ‘We Used to Wax Them’
- Report: Cavs Had Multiple Trade Offers for Tristan Thompson
- Report: Cavs Provide Updated Timetable on Dylan Windler’s Return From Injury
Cavs Rumors: Opposing GM Says Team Waiting Until Draft to Inquire About J.R. Smith
- Updated: April 14, 2019
According to a report from Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cavs will likely receive increased interest about Smith as the 2019 NBA Draft approaches.
“We will wait a little closer to the draft to call,” the GM said. “We need to see how a few things shake out from our end first. I don’t want to say much more than that. … I’m sure other teams could have a use for that contract as well.”
This offseason poses to be a big one for the Cavs. Not only are they looking to deal Smith, they are also in the market for a new head coach, and could very well be selecting at the top of the upcoming draft.
On top of that, a report from earlier this week indicates that the Cavs may try to deal several of their current players who have just one more season on their current contract.