- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs Rumors: Opposing GM Says Team Waiting Until Draft to Inquire About J.R. Smith
- Updated: April 14, 2019
According to a report from Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cavs will likely receive increased interest about Smith as the 2019 NBA Draft approaches.
“We will wait a little closer to the draft to call,” the GM said. “We need to see how a few things shake out from our end first. I don’t want to say much more than that. … I’m sure other teams could have a use for that contract as well.”
This offseason poses to be a big one for the Cavs. Not only are they looking to deal Smith, they are also in the market for a new head coach, and could very well be selecting at the top of the upcoming draft.
On top of that, a report from earlier this week indicates that the Cavs may try to deal several of their current players who have just one more season on their current contract.