- Video: Kevin Love makes heartbreaking admission that he still has suicidal thoughts
- Report: Cavs looking to trade down in order to draft Obi Toppin
- Report: NBA executives don’t expect Deni Avdija to fall past Cavs
- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Opposing GM Says Team Waiting Until Draft to Inquire About J.R. Smith
- Updated: April 14, 2019
According to a report from Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net, the Cavs will likely receive increased interest about Smith as the 2019 NBA Draft approaches.
“We will wait a little closer to the draft to call,” the GM said. “We need to see how a few things shake out from our end first. I don’t want to say much more than that. … I’m sure other teams could have a use for that contract as well.”
This offseason poses to be a big one for the Cavs. Not only are they looking to deal Smith, they are also in the market for a new head coach, and could very well be selecting at the top of the upcoming draft.
On top of that, a report from earlier this week indicates that the Cavs may try to deal several of their current players who have just one more season on their current contract.