- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Report: Cavs to Make Significant Change to Starting Lineup Tonight vs. Bulls
- Updated: November 10, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers are still looking for a winning formula when it comes to their current roster, and tonight versus the Chicago Bulls they will see if a bigger lineup including both Tristan Thompson and Larry Nance Jr. will be a part of that formula.
The news of the lineup change was reported an hour before tip-off.
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) November 10, 2018
With both Nance and Thompson in the starting lineup, the Cavs will look to crash the boards and dominate inside. At the moment, Thompson is having something of a resurgent season, averaging 9.1 points and 10.0 rebounds per game. Nance has also showed steady progression and is recording 7.9 points and 5.2 rebounds per game this season thus far.
With the Cavs looking for a way to deal with the many injuries to their roster, it stands to reason that Cavs head coach Larry Drew will continue to play with the starting lineup until he finds a way to compete.
Whether or not Nance and Thompson on the court together can lead to success remains to be seen.