- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Kevin Love Hopes Cavs ‘Kick [Larry Drew’s] A–‘ If He Leaves This Summer
- Updated: April 10, 2019
Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Larry Drew has an uncertain future with the team. Kevin Love already seems ready for a potential future matchup should Drew become a head coach elsewhere around the NBA.
Love spoke with Joe Vardon of The Athletic, and made it clear that he won’t be taking it easy on Drew in any hypothetical future matchups.
“If he is with us, great, and if not then I hope we kick his a– when he’s a head coach somewhere else,” Love said.
Drew’s current situation with the Cavs is a somewhat unclear one. While the Cavs stumbled to a 19-63 record this season, one could argue that Drew has done exactly what was expected of him. He made sure to keep the Cavs in fantastic position to select at the very top of the upcoming 2019 NBA Draft, and has overseen the progression of youngsters such as Collin Sexton and Cedi Osman.
Regardless of who is at the helm, it appears Love fully expects to still be donning the Wine and Gold.
While there was quite a bit of chatter that the Cavs would try to trade Love at some point this season, injuries greatly reduced his value. Now, as the clear veteran leader of the team, it seems Love is happier than ever to be playing in Cleveland.
Hopefully next season, Love and company are able to build upon what they’ve learned this season. Whether or not Drew is still in Cleveland to oversee that process remains to be seen.