- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
Dan Gilbert Takes Shot at NBA Referees During Game 3 via Social Media
- Updated: June 6, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers are in the midst of a battle with the Golden State Warriors in Game 3 of the NBA Finals. While the Cavs enjoyed a double-digit lead for much of the first half, the Warriors were able to catch fire in the third quarter and claim the lead by the beginning of the fourth quarter.
According to Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, the referees helped keep the game in reach for the defending NBA champs by favoring them in one key statistic.
In a since-deleted tweet, the outspoken team owner tweeted a photograph of the glaring difference between the number of free throws the Warriors attempted in the first half compared to the number of free throws the Cavs took.
Dan Gilbert deleted this tweet, but we're guessing he's not a fan of tonight's refs. ?
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) June 7, 2018
After the refs made several questionable calls in the first two games of the series, Cavs fans hoped the whistle would turn in their favor when the series went to Cleveland. Based on Gilbert’s tweet, it seems clear that he thinks the refs’ performance in the series is still seriously lacking.
As the game enters its final frame, the Cavs find themselves down just two points at 83-81. They’ll do everything they can to try and get the win to avoid going down 3-0 in the series. Gilbert’s Twitter may be something to keep an eye on as the game winds down to what is sure to be a climactic end.