- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Dan Gilbert Takes Shot at NBA Referees During Game 3 via Social Media
- Updated: June 6, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers are in the midst of a battle with the Golden State Warriors in Game 3 of the NBA Finals. While the Cavs enjoyed a double-digit lead for much of the first half, the Warriors were able to catch fire in the third quarter and claim the lead by the beginning of the fourth quarter.
According to Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, the referees helped keep the game in reach for the defending NBA champs by favoring them in one key statistic.
In a since-deleted tweet, the outspoken team owner tweeted a photograph of the glaring difference between the number of free throws the Warriors attempted in the first half compared to the number of free throws the Cavs took.
Dan Gilbert deleted this tweet, but we're guessing he's not a fan of tonight's refs. 😬
— Yahoo Sports NBA (@YahooSportsNBA) June 7, 2018
After the refs made several questionable calls in the first two games of the series, Cavs fans hoped the whistle would turn in their favor when the series went to Cleveland. Based on Gilbert’s tweet, it seems clear that he thinks the refs’ performance in the series is still seriously lacking.
As the game enters its final frame, the Cavs find themselves down just two points at 83-81. They’ll do everything they can to try and get the win to avoid going down 3-0 in the series. Gilbert’s Twitter may be something to keep an eye on as the game winds down to what is sure to be a climactic end.