- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Cavs News: Kevin Love May Need Surgery to Repair Left Hand Fracture
- Updated: January 31, 2018
The news for Kevin Love and the Cleveland Cavaliers keeps getting worse. One day after it was revealed that Love would be missing significant time due to a fracture in his left hand, it is now being reported that the All-Star big man may require surgery.
Love left Tuesday night’s game after injuring his hand in the first quarter. X-rays later revealed that he had suffered a fracture in his fifth metacarpal.
Sources: Cavaliers All-Star Kevin Love is expected to be ruled out for up to two months with the fracture in his left hand. Need for surgery is still uncertain.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) January 31, 2018
Before his injury, Love had been enjoying yet another All-Star caliber season, averaging 17.9 points and 9.4 rebounds per game. For the Cavs, their recent in-game struggles are sure to become even more evident without Love on the court.
A two-month absence would put Love’s return just weeks before the 2018 NBA Playoffs commence. Given the Cavs’ performances over the last month, it’s unclear how much fans can expect from this season’s postseason campaign regardless of whether Love is back on the court or not.