- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Significant Amount of Time With Fractured Left Hand
- Updated: January 30, 2018
During the first quarter of Tuesday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons, Love left the court and headed to the locker room with trainer Steve Spiro to have his left hand examined.
It was later reported that X-rays had revealed a non-displaced fracture in his fifth metacarpal.
The X-ray on Kevin Love's left hand revealed a non-displaced fracture in his left hand fifth metacarpal. Love will not return to play tonight. His status will be updated after additional examination and consultation tomorrow in Cleveland, per the Cavs.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 31, 2018
To make matters worse, initial reports indicate that the All-Star big man is likely to miss six to eight weeks with the injury.
Kevin Love likely out 6-8 weeks
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) January 31, 2018
Back in 2009, Love broke the fourth metacarpal in his left hand and missed 18 games as a result. He also broke the third and fourth metacarpals in his right hand during the 2012-13 season.
This is certainly not the news the Cavs need as they try and battle their way out of a month-long slump, but they will have to try and find a way to overcome Love’s absence.