- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Significant Amount of Time With Fractured Left Hand
- Updated: January 30, 2018
During the first quarter of Tuesday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons, Love left the court and headed to the locker room with trainer Steve Spiro to have his left hand examined.
It was later reported that X-rays had revealed a non-displaced fracture in his fifth metacarpal.
The X-ray on Kevin Love's left hand revealed a non-displaced fracture in his left hand fifth metacarpal. Love will not return to play tonight. His status will be updated after additional examination and consultation tomorrow in Cleveland, per the Cavs.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 31, 2018
To make matters worse, initial reports indicate that the All-Star big man is likely to miss six to eight weeks with the injury.
Kevin Love likely out 6-8 weeks
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) January 31, 2018
Back in 2009, Love broke the fourth metacarpal in his left hand and missed 18 games as a result. He also broke the third and fourth metacarpals in his right hand during the 2012-13 season.
This is certainly not the news the Cavs need as they try and battle their way out of a month-long slump, but they will have to try and find a way to overcome Love’s absence.