- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Significant Amount of Time With Fractured Left Hand
- Updated: January 30, 2018
During the first quarter of Tuesday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons, Love left the court and headed to the locker room with trainer Steve Spiro to have his left hand examined.
It was later reported that X-rays had revealed a non-displaced fracture in his fifth metacarpal.
The X-ray on Kevin Love's left hand revealed a non-displaced fracture in his left hand fifth metacarpal. Love will not return to play tonight. His status will be updated after additional examination and consultation tomorrow in Cleveland, per the Cavs.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 31, 2018
To make matters worse, initial reports indicate that the All-Star big man is likely to miss six to eight weeks with the injury.
Kevin Love likely out 6-8 weeks
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) January 31, 2018
Back in 2009, Love broke the fourth metacarpal in his left hand and missed 18 games as a result. He also broke the third and fourth metacarpals in his right hand during the 2012-13 season.
This is certainly not the news the Cavs need as they try and battle their way out of a month-long slump, but they will have to try and find a way to overcome Love’s absence.