- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Significant Amount of Time With Fractured Left Hand
- Updated: January 30, 2018
During the first quarter of Tuesday’s game versus the Detroit Pistons, Love left the court and headed to the locker room with trainer Steve Spiro to have his left hand examined.
It was later reported that X-rays had revealed a non-displaced fracture in his fifth metacarpal.
The X-ray on Kevin Love's left hand revealed a non-displaced fracture in his left hand fifth metacarpal. Love will not return to play tonight. His status will be updated after additional examination and consultation tomorrow in Cleveland, per the Cavs.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) January 31, 2018
To make matters worse, initial reports indicate that the All-Star big man is likely to miss six to eight weeks with the injury.
Kevin Love likely out 6-8 weeks
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) January 31, 2018
Back in 2009, Love broke the fourth metacarpal in his left hand and missed 18 games as a result. He also broke the third and fourth metacarpals in his right hand during the 2012-13 season.
This is certainly not the news the Cavs need as they try and battle their way out of a month-long slump, but they will have to try and find a way to overcome Love’s absence.