- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
Report: Tyronn Lue Takes Another Step in Right Direction to Resume Coaching Duties
- Updated: April 3, 2018
Another step in the eventual return of Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue took place on Tuesday morning when he was back on the court for the team’s morning shootaround. While Lue spoke with members of the Cavaliers’ coaching staff at the team’s practice facility, the team made a point to note that he would not resume coaching the team for Tuesday night’s home game against the Toronto Raptors.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) April 3, 2018
Per Cavs spokesman, Lue is not coaching tonight
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) April 3, 2018
Lue has missed the team’s last eight games after having left the bench during the Cavs’ March 17 win at Chicago. He was given a health-related leave of absence by the team two days later to deal with concerns that had arisen over the course of what’s been a trying season for the Cavaliers. Those related to health issues like insomnia and chest pains.
Last Friday, Lue returned to Quicken Loans Arena to visit with the team and the Cleveland support staff, but assistant coach Larry Drew again coached the team in Lue’s place. Since taking over for Lue, Drew has led the Cavs to a 7-1 record.
Though no official return date has been given, Lue could return to his head coaching role in one of the team’s remaining four regular season games. The NBA postseason is set to get underway on April 14.