- Report: Cavs Announce Schedule for 2019-20 Preseason Games
- Multiple Cavs Players Come to Rich Paul’s Defense After Controversial NCAA Decision
- Report: Cavs Add Levi Randolph and Malik Newman to Training Camp Roster
- Larry Nance Jr. Backs LeBron James Against Criticism From Skip Bayless
- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
Report: Tyronn Lue Takes Another Step in Right Direction to Resume Coaching Duties
- Updated: April 3, 2018
Another step in the eventual return of Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue took place on Tuesday morning when he was back on the court for the team’s morning shootaround. While Lue spoke with members of the Cavaliers’ coaching staff at the team’s practice facility, the team made a point to note that he would not resume coaching the team for Tuesday night’s home game against the Toronto Raptors.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) April 3, 2018
Per Cavs spokesman, Lue is not coaching tonight
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) April 3, 2018
Lue has missed the team’s last eight games after having left the bench during the Cavs’ March 17 win at Chicago. He was given a health-related leave of absence by the team two days later to deal with concerns that had arisen over the course of what’s been a trying season for the Cavaliers. Those related to health issues like insomnia and chest pains.
Last Friday, Lue returned to Quicken Loans Arena to visit with the team and the Cleveland support staff, but assistant coach Larry Drew again coached the team in Lue’s place. Since taking over for Lue, Drew has led the Cavs to a 7-1 record.
Though no official return date has been given, Lue could return to his head coaching role in one of the team’s remaining four regular season games. The NBA postseason is set to get underway on April 14.