- Report: Cavs Update Kevin Love’s Status After Apparent Concussion vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Cavs News: Tristan Thompson to Make Return Tonight vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry Had Special Cigar Saved for 2016 Championship But Cavs Ruined His Plans
- Report: Warriors Security Tried to Stop J.R. Smith From Smoking Cigar After 2016 Title
- Report: Cavs Would Keep David Nwaba at Right Price
- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
Report: Eric Moreland Agrees to Training Camp Deal With Cavs
- Updated: September 14, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers are making moves.
The 2016 NBA champions continue their training camp invites by adding power forward Eric Moreland to the list, per David Pick, a basketball reporter who writes for Bleacher Report and other outlets.
The Cavaliers have signed ex-Kings forward Eric Moreland to training camp deal, according to source.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 13, 2016
Moreland, 24, spent his first two seasons in the NBA with the Sacramento Kings, but didn’t get a qualifying offer from them. Although the 6’10” forward didn’t show much promise in Sacramento, he made his presence known in the D-League. In 12 games with the Reno Bighorns, the big man averaged 12.0 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.
The loss of Timofey Mozgov to the Los Angeles Lakers could really open up a roster spot for Moreland. The team added center Chris Andersen to bolster their big man presence off the bench, but the Andersen is 38 and not as versatile as he used to be. Moreland will get a chance to prove he has what it takes to be that young, strong presence off the bench.