- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Report: Eric Moreland Agrees to Training Camp Deal With Cavs
- Updated: September 14, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers are making moves.
The 2016 NBA champions continue their training camp invites by adding power forward Eric Moreland to the list, per David Pick, a basketball reporter who writes for Bleacher Report and other outlets.
The Cavaliers have signed ex-Kings forward Eric Moreland to training camp deal, according to source.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 13, 2016
Moreland, 24, spent his first two seasons in the NBA with the Sacramento Kings, but didn’t get a qualifying offer from them. Although the 6’10” forward didn’t show much promise in Sacramento, he made his presence known in the D-League. In 12 games with the Reno Bighorns, the big man averaged 12.0 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.
The loss of Timofey Mozgov to the Los Angeles Lakers could really open up a roster spot for Moreland. The team added center Chris Andersen to bolster their big man presence off the bench, but the Andersen is 38 and not as versatile as he used to be. Moreland will get a chance to prove he has what it takes to be that young, strong presence off the bench.