- Kevin Love Explains Why He’s Still Waiting for First ‘Big Win’ of Season
- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
Report: Cavs Insider Reveals 3 Players Cavs Are Offering for George Hill
- Updated: January 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers seem ready to try and make a move before the NBA trade deadline arrives. Earlier this week, it was reported that the Cavs had interest in Sacramento Kings point guard George Hill, and those rumors are beginning to heat up.
On Friday, Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net reported that three current members of the Cavs roster could be headed to Sacramento if a trade takes place:
Amico added to Shams Charania‘s report that stated that the Kings are looking towards the future, putting emphasis on playing their younger players rather than veterans like Hill.
“Hill, 31, joined the Kings on a three-year, $57 million deal in July, but the franchise has transitioned toward a youth movement and has made clear to Hill and other veterans that the plan will be to play the young core moving forward,” Charania wrote. “Sacramento has given primary point-guard duties to No. 5 overall pick De’Aaron Fox for the second half of the season.”
While the Kings may not value Hill’s veteran presence, the Cavs could certainly use his ability to score as well as defend opposing guards on the perimeter. So far this season Hill is averaging 10.5 points per game and is shooting 46.1 percent from the field.
The Feb. 8 trade deadline is just under three weeks away. If the Cavs want to bring Hill to Cleveland they’re going to have to move quickly.