- John Beilein Says Collin Sexton Is Big Reason Why He Joined Cavs
- Richard Jefferson’s 3 Hilarious Tweets Sum Up Warriors-Blazers Series Perfectly
- Cavs News: Collin Sexton Named to All-Rookie Second Team
- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
Report: Cavs Insider Reveals 3 Players Cavs Are Offering for George Hill
- Updated: January 19, 2018
The Cleveland Cavaliers seem ready to try and make a move before the NBA trade deadline arrives. Earlier this week, it was reported that the Cavs had interest in Sacramento Kings point guard George Hill, and those rumors are beginning to heat up.
On Friday, Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.net reported that three current members of the Cavs roster could be headed to Sacramento if a trade takes place:
Amico added to Shams Charania‘s report that stated that the Kings are looking towards the future, putting emphasis on playing their younger players rather than veterans like Hill.
“Hill, 31, joined the Kings on a three-year, $57 million deal in July, but the franchise has transitioned toward a youth movement and has made clear to Hill and other veterans that the plan will be to play the young core moving forward,” Charania wrote. “Sacramento has given primary point-guard duties to No. 5 overall pick De’Aaron Fox for the second half of the season.”
While the Kings may not value Hill’s veteran presence, the Cavs could certainly use his ability to score as well as defend opposing guards on the perimeter. So far this season Hill is averaging 10.5 points per game and is shooting 46.1 percent from the field.
The Feb. 8 trade deadline is just under three weeks away. If the Cavs want to bring Hill to Cleveland they’re going to have to move quickly.