- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Report: ESPN Releases Update on Derrick Rose’s Status With Cavs
- Updated: November 26, 2017
“Cleveland Cavaliers guard Derrick Rose is staying in communication with the franchise’s front office during his self-imposed exile, but his future status with the team remains unclear, league sources told ESPN.”
Wojnarowski added that Rose is still weighing his options when it comes to his future in the NBA:
“Rose is deliberating whether he wants to work toward returning from a sprained ankle to rejoin the Cavaliers this season, or even continue his NBA career, league sources said.”
Rose, who has averaged 14.3 points per game this season, has only played in seven of the Cavs’ 19 games due to a left ankle injury. When he has been able to take the court, however, he has shown the kind of offensive ability that had made him such a promising acquisition for the Cavs when they signed him to a one-year, $2.1 million contract this past summer.
“He left the Cavaliers on Wednesday, league sources said. Rose’s increasing frustration with injuries is causing him to question his desire to continue playing, league sources said,” Wojnarowski wrote. “The mental toll from a series of significant injuries that have diminished the production of the youngest NBA Most Valuable Player in history have played a part in the personal soul-searching on Rose’s future, league sources said.”
The Cavaliers have struggled with injuries to several key players so far this season, but Rose leaving the team altogether would certainly be a surprising hit to their rotation. While the Cavs have managed quite well in his absence and are currently enjoying an impressive seven-game win streak, they could certainly use his talent and experience going forward this season. Hopefully Rose decides to return to the team to continue his rehabilitation back to health and his storied career in the NBA.