- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Iman Shumpert to Replace Derrick Rose in Starting Lineup for 2nd Straight Game
- Updated: November 11, 2017
When the Cleveland Cavaliers take the court against the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night, Iman Shumpert will once again be in the starting lineup as a replacement for teammate Derrick Rose. Rose continues to have lingering issues with an ankle injury he suffered during an Oct. 20 game against the Milwaukee Bucks.
In the Cavaliers’ 117-115 Thursday night loss to the Houston Rockets, Shumpert scored seven points in 33 minutes and handed out five assists. For the season, he’s averaging 6.1 points, 2.9. rebounds and 1.4 assists per game.
The 29-year-old Rose has played in seven of the team’s 12 games games this season after signing with the Cavaliers as a free agent in the offseason. He’s been plagued over the past five years with injury concerns, though prior to this season, those issues largely focused on his knees.
After Saturday night’s game, the Cavaliers will next be in action on Monday night when they play a road game against the New York Knicks.