- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Tyronn Lue to Make Several Big Changes to Cavs Starting Five
- Updated: October 24, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ starting lineup continues to change.
Just one day after it was announced that J.R. Smith would be moved from backup to starting shooting guard, head coach Tyronn Lue has decided to move LeBron James to point guard and Tristan Thompson to the starting center spot for the Cavs’ upcoming matchup against the Chicago Bulls.
“Tyronn Lue is starting LeBron James at point guard tonight alongside JR Smith in the backcourt and Jae Crowder, Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson in the front court,” McMenamin wrote. “Lue says the decision is fueled in part by ‘big’ Robin Lopez in the Bulls lineup.”
This will be a fascinating lineup to watch operate together on the court. Love was playing well in the starting center slot, so it will be worth keeping an eye on how he performs as he returns to the power forward position.
As for James, the four-time NBA MVP brings size and power rarely seen at the point guard position and will shine a light with his incredible versatility. With point guard Derrick Rose still nursing an ankle injury he sustained last week, and José Calderón underperforming in his absence, it will be interesting to see who serves as James’ backup as the Cavs look to move to 3-1 on the young season.