- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
Report: Cavs Set to Interview Utah Jazz Assistant Coach Next Week
- Updated: April 25, 2019
General manager Koby Altman is in the process of interviewing a number of candidates for the vacant position and one of those could very well be a familiar face to the Cavaliers franchise.
According to a Thursday report, Utah Jazz assistant coach Alex Jensen is another candidate to replace Drew on the sidelines.
The Cavaliers sought and were granted permission to interview Utah assistant Alex Jensen for their head coaching vacancy, sources told @Tjonesonthenba and I. The interview is expected to take place next week.
— Joe Vardon (@joevardon) April 25, 2019
Jensen was the head coach of the Cavs’ G League affiliate team Canton Charge from 2011 to 2013. He won D-League Coach of the Year honors in 2013 and was eventually hired by the Jazz as an assistant coach that same year.
His player development work with the Jazz has been applauded particularly because of his training with Rudy Gobert, who has progressed into one of the top centers in the league.
With a team composed of some key players at 25 years or younger, such as Collin Sexton, Ante Zizic, Marquese Chriss and Cedi Osman, Jensen would fit right in with Cleveland’s direction for the next couple of years.
Other reported contenders for the head coaching job include Miami’s Juwan Howard, Portland’s David Vanterpool and Dallas’ Jamahl Mosley.