- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Channing Frye Posts Hilarious Farewell to Richard Jefferson via Instagram
- Updated: October 15, 2017
On Saturday, Jefferson’s close friend and co-host of their Road Trippin’ podcast, Channing Frye, dedicated an Instagram post to his former teammate.
Everyone feels bad for @roadtrippin aka (@rjeff24 on snap) but really good riddance!! He was a horrible lockeroom guy he wasn’t doing what we needed from a pro anyways also his baldness was a serious distraction during game time we couldn’t hit any 3s.goodluck whatever happens you old fart! #loveyaman #youstilloweme50$ #best2yearsever #sarcasam
Jefferson was part of a trade that sent him, Kay Felder, two future second-round draft picks and cash considerations to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the draft rights to forward Dimitrios Agravanis and guard Sergey Gladyr. Jefferson was immediately waived by the Hawks, but ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski and Dave McMenamin reported that the 17-year pro and the Milwaukee Bucks have expressed mutual interest in each other once he clears waivers.
Perhaps Jefferson will find someone else to co-host a new podcast with, but Frye and Jefferson’s on-air chemistry will certainly be missed this season.