- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
Report: Knicks Agree to Send Carmelo Anthony to Contender in Blockbuster Deal
- Updated: September 23, 2017
Just one day after reports of Carmelo Anthony adding the Cleveland Cavaliers to a list of teams he’d waive his no-trade clause for, the former New York Knicks star has been shipped to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
New York has agreed to a deal to send Carmelo Anthony to OKC for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 23, 2017
On Friday, Wojnarowski reported on ESPN that the Cavs and Knicks had discussed the possibility of sending Anthony to Cleveland, but that no trade ideas had been exchanged. It seems that the Thunder were able to strike at the right time and have added another star to their talented roster featuring defending NBA MVP Russell Westbrook and former Indiana Pacers star Paul George.
It always seemed like a long shot that Anthony would actually end up on the Cavaliers, but it appears that the dream is officially over.