- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Report: Knicks Agree to Send Carmelo Anthony to Contender in Blockbuster Deal
- Updated: September 23, 2017
Just one day after reports of Carmelo Anthony adding the Cleveland Cavaliers to a list of teams he’d waive his no-trade clause for, the former New York Knicks star has been shipped to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
New York has agreed to a deal to send Carmelo Anthony to OKC for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 23, 2017
On Friday, Wojnarowski reported on ESPN that the Cavs and Knicks had discussed the possibility of sending Anthony to Cleveland, but that no trade ideas had been exchanged. It seems that the Thunder were able to strike at the right time and have added another star to their talented roster featuring defending NBA MVP Russell Westbrook and former Indiana Pacers star Paul George.
It always seemed like a long shot that Anthony would actually end up on the Cavaliers, but it appears that the dream is officially over.