- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- ESPN NBA Draft Lottery Footage Shows Cavs Landing 4th Overall Pick
Cavs News: Kevin Love in Concussion Protocol After Latest Injury
- Updated: March 28, 2018
Kevin Love had been playing in just his fifth game back from over a month-long absence due to injury on Tuesday night. However, that return was cut short when the All-Star big man took an elbow to the face early in the first quarter and was forced to exit the game due to a dislodged front tooth.
“Following Tuesday night’s front tooth subluxation in the first quarter and subsequently experiencing concussion-like symptoms at halftime and not returning to play, Cavaliers forward Kevin Love received additional evaluation Wednesday morning and has been placed in the NBA concussion protocol. He is OUT for Wednesday’s game in Charlotte vs. the Hornets and his status will be updated as appropriate.”
Losing Love yet again is quite the blow to a Cavs team that is looking to integrate all its parts for the first time in a long time. Before Tuesday night’s loss, the Cavs had not lost a game since Love’s return, and the veteran center had been averaging 20.25 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game.