- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Cavs News: Kevin Love in Concussion Protocol After Latest Injury
- Updated: March 28, 2018
Kevin Love had been playing in just his fifth game back from over a month-long absence due to injury on Tuesday night. However, that return was cut short when the All-Star big man took an elbow to the face early in the first quarter and was forced to exit the game due to a dislodged front tooth.
“Following Tuesday night’s front tooth subluxation in the first quarter and subsequently experiencing concussion-like symptoms at halftime and not returning to play, Cavaliers forward Kevin Love received additional evaluation Wednesday morning and has been placed in the NBA concussion protocol. He is OUT for Wednesday’s game in Charlotte vs. the Hornets and his status will be updated as appropriate.”
Losing Love yet again is quite the blow to a Cavs team that is looking to integrate all its parts for the first time in a long time. Before Tuesday night’s loss, the Cavs had not lost a game since Love’s return, and the veteran center had been averaging 20.25 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game.