- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
- David Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet while the Cavs were celebrating in 2016
Report: ESPN Insider Gives Update on Isaiah Thomas Situation
- Updated: August 26, 2017
The now-uncertain trade between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics involving Kyrie Irving and Isaiah Thomas has reached a point where the two teams will discuss the status of the trade in a Saturday telephone call.
The conversation could conceivably lead to either a dramatic change in the players dealt or having the blockbuster deal voided, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski:
“It is possible that Cleveland could request further compensation from Boston before it’ll approve the trade, league sources said. Cleveland has until Thursday to make a final decision on approving the trade, sources said. Cleveland can veto the deal based on a failed physical, sending players back to their respective teams.”
The main issue pertains to the physical conducted on Thomas by the Cavaliers on Friday. Wojnarowski gave a hint of the heightened drama with a brief comment from a source:
“It’s a very sensitive situation.”
Wojnarowski also indicated the original prescribed regimen by Boston doctors was rest and rehabilitation, not surgery. However, the problem appears to be more serious than first thought:
“Thomas has been rehabilitating a hip injury that ended his season in the Eastern Conference finals, and sources have told ESPN that the All-Star guard has yet to begin a regimen of running this offseason.”
Irving is taking his physical in Boston today, with the Cavs having until 10 a.m. on Thursday to accept the results of the physical and the trade itself. If they choose to reject the trade, they’ll have to begin looking elsewhere to deal Irving, who’s already indicated that he wouldn’t report to the Cavaliers training camp if he’s still a member of the team.