- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
- Report: Celtics monitoring ‘uncomfortable’ contract talks between Cavs and Andre Drummond
Report: Cavs Sign Marcus Thornton to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 21, 2018
G-League guard Marcus Thornton is signing a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league source tells ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 22, 2018
Thornton had been playing with the team’s G League affiliate Canton Charge where he averaged 18.8 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 37 games.
The reason for the move is that the Cavs needed a 14th player on their roster in time for Thursday’s game against the Washington Wizards. In a sense, the team is using Thornton as a placeholder, in case they want to sign a proven veteran from the buyout market.
In addition to Thornton being moved up, the Cavs have simultaneously sent down big man Ante Zizic to the Charge.