- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
Report: Cavs Sign Marcus Thornton to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 21, 2018
G-League guard Marcus Thornton is signing a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league source tells ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 22, 2018
Thornton had been playing with the team’s G League affiliate Canton Charge where he averaged 18.8 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 37 games.
The reason for the move is that the Cavs needed a 14th player on their roster in time for Thursday’s game against the Washington Wizards. In a sense, the team is using Thornton as a placeholder, in case they want to sign a proven veteran from the buyout market.
In addition to Thornton being moved up, the Cavs have simultaneously sent down big man Ante Zizic to the Charge.