- Why the Cavs Would Have Made the Playoffs This Year With a Healthy Kevin Love
- Former Cavs Assistant Coach Hilariously Details Story of J.R. Smith Throwing Soup at Him
- Report: Cavs Teammates Were Rolling Their Eyes at Cedi Osman Early in the Season
- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
Report: Cavs Sign Marcus Thornton to 10-Day Contract
- Updated: February 21, 2018
G-League guard Marcus Thornton is signing a 10-day contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league source tells ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 22, 2018
Thornton had been playing with the team’s G League affiliate Canton Charge where he averaged 18.8 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 37 games.
The reason for the move is that the Cavs needed a 14th player on their roster in time for Thursday’s game against the Washington Wizards. In a sense, the team is using Thornton as a placeholder, in case they want to sign a proven veteran from the buyout market.
In addition to Thornton being moved up, the Cavs have simultaneously sent down big man Ante Zizic to the Charge.