- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Report: Cavs Could Be Looking to Trade Key Asset With Possible Signing of Derrick Rose
- Updated: July 20, 2017
Reports that the Cleveland Cavaliers and free agent point guard Derrick Rose are in “serious talks” about a possible one-year deal could be the beginning of even more offseason moves for the Cavaliers.
“The signing of Rose may mean the Cavs are nearing a trade to move reserve guard Iman Shumpert or another player, league sources told Amico Hoops.”
Last season, Rose averaged 18.0 points and 4.4 assists per game, while shooting an efficient 47.1 percent from the field. Even in reduced minutes, Rose’s productivity would make him the most valuable member off the Cavs’ bench. His signing would also lessen the need for a player like Shumpert, who struggled as a shooter last season, averaging only 7.5 points on 41.1 percent shooting.
This is not the first time Shumpert has been the topic of trade talks this offseason, as he was reportedly being shopped by the Cavaliers once free agency opened.
While there is little news as to where Shumpert, or any other player currently on the Cavs roster could end up, it is clear that the Cavaliers are looking to make a splash in an offseason that has been fairly quiet up to this point.