- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Cavs Could Be Looking to Trade Key Asset With Possible Signing of Derrick Rose
- Updated: July 20, 2017
Reports that the Cleveland Cavaliers and free agent point guard Derrick Rose are in “serious talks” about a possible one-year deal could be the beginning of even more offseason moves for the Cavaliers.
“The signing of Rose may mean the Cavs are nearing a trade to move reserve guard Iman Shumpert or another player, league sources told Amico Hoops.”
Last season, Rose averaged 18.0 points and 4.4 assists per game, while shooting an efficient 47.1 percent from the field. Even in reduced minutes, Rose’s productivity would make him the most valuable member off the Cavs’ bench. His signing would also lessen the need for a player like Shumpert, who struggled as a shooter last season, averaging only 7.5 points on 41.1 percent shooting.
This is not the first time Shumpert has been the topic of trade talks this offseason, as he was reportedly being shopped by the Cavaliers once free agency opened.
While there is little news as to where Shumpert, or any other player currently on the Cavs roster could end up, it is clear that the Cavaliers are looking to make a splash in an offseason that has been fairly quiet up to this point.