- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
- Report: Dylan Windler to return to Cavs lineup Friday vs. Nets
- Report: It’s ‘doubtful’ Cavs will be able to trade Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Cavs expected to offer Jarrett Allen massive multiyear contract
Report: Cavs in ‘Serious Discussions’ to Trade Iman Shumpert to Houston Rockets
- Updated: July 1, 2017
Despite showing interest in many big names since the NBA offseason began, the Cleveland Cavaliers have kept fairly quiet so far. News is beginning to heat up, however, as the Cavs have voiced interest in several free agents, and are now reportedly taking offers for current Cavaliers shooting guard Iman Shumpert.
According to The Vertical’s Shams Charania, the Cavaliers are currently in serious talks to send the 27-year-old shooting guard to the Houston Rockets.
Cleveland is in serious discussions to trade guard Iman Shumpert to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell The Vertical.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 1, 2017
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 1, 2017
ESPN’s Brian Windhorst corroborated the story, saying the Cavaliers are looking for a draft pick and trade exception in return for the shooting guard, adding that getting his contract off the books would allow the Cavs to offer a contract to current free agent Kyle Korver, bringing him back for a second season with the team.
Trading Shumpert would end his three-year stint with the Cavaliers, where he served as a valuable but not game-changing member of the Cavs’ second unit.