- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing Deal With Free Agent Derrick Rose
- Updated: July 20, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers could be on the verge of adding a former All-Star point guard to their bench as it’s being reported by Brian Windhorst of ESPN that the Cavs are in “serious talks” with Derrick Rose.
Derrick Rose is in serious talks with the Cavs on a 1-year deal, sources tell @wojespn and me.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 20, 2017
Windhorst: I believe the Cavs are going to sign Derrick Rose and it will most likely be for the minimum.
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) July 20, 2017
The Cavs currently have one roster spot left to fill and two two-way contracts for G League players.
Rose would be a considerable upgrade to a Cavs bench that desperately seeks some sort of offensive spark plug. The former MVP averaged 18.0 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 4.4 assists in his most recent season with the New York Knicks.