- Report: Cavs Rookie Darius Garland Lands Autograph Deal With Upper Deck
- Report: Teams Were Asking Cavs to Give Them Money for Trouble of Trading for Kevin Love
- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Discussing Deal With Spurs to Acquire Danny Green
- Updated: June 22, 2017
Although the trade talks involving Indiana’s Paul George and Chicago’s Jimmy Butler have stalled for the Cleveland Cavaliers, a new player’s name has recently surfaced.
According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, the Cavs have been in discussions with the San Antonio Spurs regarding veteran shooting guard Danny Green.
The Cavs and Spurs have been in trade talks involving Danny Green, sources say. Spurs' asking price has been high, though.
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 22, 2017
Green may not be the high-profile player fans were hoping for, but his ability to knock down the long ball in addition to defending at a high level is exactly what the Cavs need to improve their roster.
The 6-foot-6 guard briefly played with LeBron James back in the 2009-10 season and averages nearly a block and a steal per game for his career.