- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
Report: Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls Insisting on Trading for Kyrie Irving
- Updated: June 22, 2017
The trade talks that have taken place involving the Cleveland Cavaliers possibly acquiring either Paul George from the Indiana Pacers or Jimmy Butler from the Chicago Bulls reportedly faded quickly when both teams brought up the name of Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving. That likely means that the slim chances of acquiring either player have come to an end.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) June 22, 2017
Irving and LeBron James are effectively the only untouchable players on the Cavs roster as they seek to retool their roster in order to be able to effectively battle the NBA champion Golden State Warriors next season.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN indicated that the Bulls and Pacers rejected dealing either Butler or George, respectively, because neither team was interested in acquiring Kevin Love as the key part of the deal.
Windy on George/Butler: "Nope. Not happening. The Cavs were not generating enough trade interest in Kevin Love."
— ESPN Cleveland (@ESPNCleveland) June 22, 2017