- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Updated: March 29, 2020
The 2019-20 NBA has been put on an indefinite pause due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, and both players and fans alike are feeling the loss.
Prior to the stoppage of play, Garland was enjoying a fairly solid rookie season. While he struggled earlier in the season, he was showing major strides more recently.
In fact, the No. 5 overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft had recorded double-digit scoring nights in all but one of his last 11 games. He had also averaged 4.8 assists per game during that span.
Hopefully, the NBA is able to start back up sometime in the next few months. More than ever, it seems that sports would be a welcome escape for fans all over the country and world.
Sadly, with the spread of the coronavirus only continuing, it seems likely that Garland will be missing basketball for quite some before he is able to don the wine and gold once more.
Until then, he is sure to stay as sharp as possible so that he is ready to go once games start back up.