- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
Darius Garland Sends Somber Message Due to Lull in NBA Season
- Updated: March 29, 2020
The 2019-20 NBA has been put on an indefinite pause due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, and both players and fans alike are feeling the loss.
Prior to the stoppage of play, Garland was enjoying a fairly solid rookie season. While he struggled earlier in the season, he was showing major strides more recently.
In fact, the No. 5 overall pick of the 2019 NBA Draft had recorded double-digit scoring nights in all but one of his last 11 games. He had also averaged 4.8 assists per game during that span.
Hopefully, the NBA is able to start back up sometime in the next few months. More than ever, it seems that sports would be a welcome escape for fans all over the country and world.
Sadly, with the spread of the coronavirus only continuing, it seems likely that Garland will be missing basketball for quite some before he is able to don the wine and gold once more.
Until then, he is sure to stay as sharp as possible so that he is ready to go once games start back up.