- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
LeBron’s Camp Reacts to the Departure of Cavs GM David Griffin
- Updated: June 20, 2017
NBA.com made it official on Monday night that Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert will not be renewing Cavs general manager David Griffin’s contract, leaving Griffin essentially free to sign with any other team.
According to ESPN, Cavs superstar LeBron James and his camp also found out about the news today and are “surprised” according to several sources. Not only that, but Howard Beck of Bleacher Report states that James is “disappointed” and “concerned” with Griffin’s recent departure.
No one will believe this but just got off the phone with a source that said that LeBron camp was surprised Griff was out.
— Russillo (@ryenarussillo) June 20, 2017
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 20, 2017
Source: LeBron is "disappointed" at Griffin's departure, as well as the timing, & "concerned" abt what this portends for Cavs going forward.
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) June 20, 2017
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, Gilbert is targeting Chauncey Billups as the No. 1 option to replace Griffin as general manager. Both sides are expected to talk soon. We’ll keep you posted here on CavaliersNation.com
Sources: Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert is targeting Chauncey Billups to become Cavs' top basketball executive. Sides expected to talk soon.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 20, 2017