- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
LeBron’s Camp Reacts to the Departure of Cavs GM David Griffin
- Updated: June 20, 2017
NBA.com made it official on Monday night that Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert will not be renewing Cavs general manager David Griffin’s contract, leaving Griffin essentially free to sign with any other team.
According to ESPN, Cavs superstar LeBron James and his camp also found out about the news today and are “surprised” according to several sources. Not only that, but Howard Beck of Bleacher Report states that James is “disappointed” and “concerned” with Griffin’s recent departure.
No one will believe this but just got off the phone with a source that said that LeBron camp was surprised Griff was out.
— Russillo (@ryenarussillo) June 20, 2017
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) June 20, 2017
Source: LeBron is "disappointed" at Griffin's departure, as well as the timing, & "concerned" abt what this portends for Cavs going forward.
— Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) June 20, 2017
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, Gilbert is targeting Chauncey Billups as the No. 1 option to replace Griffin as general manager. Both sides are expected to talk soon. We’ll keep you posted here on CavaliersNation.com
Sources: Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert is targeting Chauncey Billups to become Cavs' top basketball executive. Sides expected to talk soon.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 20, 2017