- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Report: Kevin Garnett Talking to Cavs and Bucks About Potential Coaching Role
- Updated: October 28, 2016
The rumored possibility of retired Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett joining the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ coaching staff is surfacing once again with Garnett now reportedly considering a coaching “consultant” role.
Earlier on Thursday, Garnett accepted a position with TNT to join their studio show, which will undoubtedly take up a good portion of his time. The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that the Cavaliers could have competition for Garnett’s services, with the Milwaukee Bucks being a potential rival.
Sources: Beyond joining TNT's studio show, Kevin Garnett still talking w/ teams – including Cavs and Bucks – on 'coaching consultant' role.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) October 28, 2016
What a potential Garnett coaching consultancy would entail remains uncertain. However, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had previously been enthusiastic about the prospect of Garnett potentially joining the coaching staff. The future Hall of Famer has two decades of on-court experience that Lue believes could be invaluable in helping the Cavaliers as they try to win consecutive NBA titles.
Lue and Garnett have a history together, with Garnett playing for the Boston Celtics and Lue serving as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers from 2009-13.