- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Kevin Garnett Talking to Cavs and Bucks About Potential Coaching Role
- Updated: October 28, 2016
The rumored possibility of retired Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett joining the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ coaching staff is surfacing once again with Garnett now reportedly considering a coaching “consultant” role.
Earlier on Thursday, Garnett accepted a position with TNT to join their studio show, which will undoubtedly take up a good portion of his time. The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that the Cavaliers could have competition for Garnett’s services, with the Milwaukee Bucks being a potential rival.
Sources: Beyond joining TNT's studio show, Kevin Garnett still talking w/ teams – including Cavs and Bucks – on 'coaching consultant' role.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) October 28, 2016
What a potential Garnett coaching consultancy would entail remains uncertain. However, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had previously been enthusiastic about the prospect of Garnett potentially joining the coaching staff. The future Hall of Famer has two decades of on-court experience that Lue believes could be invaluable in helping the Cavaliers as they try to win consecutive NBA titles.
Lue and Garnett have a history together, with Garnett playing for the Boston Celtics and Lue serving as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers from 2009-13.