- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Report: Kevin Garnett Talking to Cavs and Bucks About Potential Coaching Role
- Updated: October 28, 2016
The rumored possibility of retired Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett joining the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ coaching staff is surfacing once again with Garnett now reportedly considering a coaching “consultant” role.
Earlier on Thursday, Garnett accepted a position with TNT to join their studio show, which will undoubtedly take up a good portion of his time. The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that the Cavaliers could have competition for Garnett’s services, with the Milwaukee Bucks being a potential rival.
Sources: Beyond joining TNT's studio show, Kevin Garnett still talking w/ teams – including Cavs and Bucks – on 'coaching consultant' role.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) October 28, 2016
What a potential Garnett coaching consultancy would entail remains uncertain. However, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue had previously been enthusiastic about the prospect of Garnett potentially joining the coaching staff. The future Hall of Famer has two decades of on-court experience that Lue believes could be invaluable in helping the Cavaliers as they try to win consecutive NBA titles.
Lue and Garnett have a history together, with Garnett playing for the Boston Celtics and Lue serving as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers from 2009-13.