- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs Rumors: Kevin Garnett May Join Cleveland Cavaliers This Season
- Updated: September 29, 2016
The recent retirement of future Hall-of-Famer Kevin Garnett brought with it the expected tributes, but his post-playing days remained uncertain when the announcement was made. To potentially make his decision easier, Cleveland Cavaliers’ head coach Tyronn Lue is reportedly prepared to make him a member of the team’s coaching staff.
Lue spoke to the media on Thursday, with Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com reporting that Lue has made some attempts to convince Garnett to join the team’s coaching staff.
“I talked to him about it,” Lue said. “I know his wife is pushing for it a lot. Brandi is pushing for it, trying to get him to come and coach. He says he’s not ready yet. He goes back, ‘I might do it,’ but he’s back and forth. We’ll see. But I’d definitely make a spot for him if he wanted to come back and coach.”
Ty Lue says he'll make a spot on #Cavs coaching staff if good friend Kevin Garnett wants to coach. KG's wife pushing for it. KG undecided
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) September 29, 2016
Lue gave no indication when any final decision would come, though he noted that Garnett would be in attendance on October 25, when the Cavaliers open their 2016-17 regular season against the New York Knicks. He also indicated that future trips to see the team will also be forthcoming.
“He says he’ll be around a lot. We’ll see,” Lue said.