- Disturbing photos emerge of Delonte West begging for money in Dallas
- Photos leaked of ‘hulked up’ Collin Sexton from Cavs minicamp
- Kevin Garnett schools LeBron James fans ‘who don’t know s–t’ about Cavs’ 2010 playoff collapse
- Report: Cavs source identifies several improvements in Darius Garland’s game
- Report: Cavs internally comparing Collin Sexton to Donovan Mitchell and Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Cavs will look for ‘defensive-minded players’ in NBA free agency
- Report: Cavs confidently view J.B. Bickerstaff as ‘head coach of the future’
- Cavs Rumors: Collin Sexton Looking ‘Monstrous’ and ‘Huge’ After Working on Body During Hiatus
- Here’s the Latest Update on ‘Mutual Interest’ Between Tristan Thompson and the Cavs
- Report: Darius Garland ‘Feels Snubbed and Disrespected’ by Exclusion From All-Rookie Teams
Cavs News: Cavs Announce Final Roster for Start of 2016-17 NBA Season
- Updated: October 24, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers officially got down to the 15-player limit on Monday afternoon by announcing that they had waived veteran guard Dahntay Jones. The move had been rumored last week, with DeAndre Liggins now having earned the final spot on the roster.
The Cavs have waived Dahntay Jones to get their roster to 15. DeAndre Liggins appears to have made the team
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) October 24, 2016
Jones, who had been signed just before the end of last year’s regular season, had appeared in two of the team’s six preseason contests. In those games, he averaged 20.4 minutes, 4.5 points and 2.5 rebounds.
— ®️ ᕮ ᑎ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶♏ (@RYSEN09) October 24, 2016
There’s no word on how the Cavs dealt with the contract of returning veteran Mo Williams. They had been working on a settlement offer or a possible trade of his contract.
Cleveland opens up its season on Tuesday night with a home game against the New York Knicks. Tip-off will be just after 7:30 p.m., with the team receiving their championship rings in a ceremony that will begin 30 minutes earlier.