- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Cavs Announce Final Roster for Start of 2016-17 NBA Season
- Updated: October 24, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers officially got down to the 15-player limit on Monday afternoon by announcing that they had waived veteran guard Dahntay Jones. The move had been rumored last week, with DeAndre Liggins now having earned the final spot on the roster.
The Cavs have waived Dahntay Jones to get their roster to 15. DeAndre Liggins appears to have made the team
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) October 24, 2016
Jones, who had been signed just before the end of last year’s regular season, had appeared in two of the team’s six preseason contests. In those games, he averaged 20.4 minutes, 4.5 points and 2.5 rebounds.
— ®️ ᕮ ᑎ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶♏ (@RYSEN09) October 24, 2016
There’s no word on how the Cavs dealt with the contract of returning veteran Mo Williams. They had been working on a settlement offer or a possible trade of his contract.
Cleveland opens up its season on Tuesday night with a home game against the New York Knicks. Tip-off will be just after 7:30 p.m., with the team receiving their championship rings in a ceremony that will begin 30 minutes earlier.