- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Point Guard Toney Douglas
- Updated: October 3, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers decided to bolster the backcourt just a bit more on Monday by announcing the signing of point guard Toney Douglas. To make room for him, the team has waived forward/center Eric Moreland.
Douglas was the 29th player selected in the 2009 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Lakers and has previously played with six teams. Last season, he took the court for the New Orleans Pelicans. Playing 20.7 minutes per game in his 61 appearances, he averaged 8.7 points, 2.6 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game.
The Cavaliers begin their preseason schedule at Quicken Loans Arena on Wednesday night against the Orlando Magic.