- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Cavs Rumors: Insider Reveals What Cavs Are Offering for DeAndre Jordan
- Updated: December 21, 2017
The initial reports did not offer any specifics regarding a potential trade, but it seems those details have started to trickle out.
According to Baskeball Insider’s Steve Kyler, the Cavs are in the mix for the 2017 NBA All-Star with a very interesting offer.
“The Cleveland Cavaliers have also been in the mix with an offer built around guard Iman Shumpert, Tristan Thompson and a first-round pick,” Kyler wrote. “It’s been reported that pick was possibly the Brooklyn pick obtained in the Kyrie Irving trade, although sources close to the situation say it was never discussed and that the Cavs were open to moving their own pick in any trade scenarios.”
So far this season, Jordan is averaging 11.0 points, 14.8 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game. He would surely offer the strong defensive presence in the paint that the Cavs have been missing this season.
In a season already filled with several huge acquisitions for the Cavaliers, adding Jordan would likely be the biggest. It would also point to the fact that the Cavs are looking to win now and even the score against the Golden State Warriors in this season’s NBA Finals.